GUITAR MAINTENANCE When it comes to a subtle guitar maintenance just ask yourself this question: Who knows better those SUBTLE adjustments that make BIG difference to playability and feel of your guitar? A mere guitar repairer that actually doesn’t play himself/herself professionally or a guitarist with over 3 decades of playing, teaching and recording professionally, having several guitars which are all customised (with custom built pick-ups etc) and guitars that he sets up and maintain all himself? I've always loved and have done this kind of work, so >>>> What do I do and can do:
1. Re-string your guitar
2. Adjust truss rod and strings action/playability
3. Adjust, repair or make the nut and bridge, that both affect string action
4. Fret dressing (removing of those nasty V shaped grooves on worn existing frets that make your guitar sound fuzzy and out of tune by levelling/reshaping/polishing of frets which brings a guitar to it’s pristine condition and clarity of the sound)
5. Install a strap button 6. Inlay bigger dots on the top side of the neck, that guitar manufactures make ridiculously too small, not thinking that a guitarist won’t be able to see them on dark stage! 7. Wiring and pick-up installation on an acoustic guitar...
8. I make a real rosewood custom pickguard/scratch plates.
This is a very delicate work that takes 2 days to complete
but the result is a truly beautiful custom real-wood pickguard!
So it's time for your new custom pickguard or to replace that ugly plastic or tortoiseshell one? Click on images samples below to see large photos. Full instruction on how to stick your custom pickguard on guitar included with every order.
TAKAMINE GUITARS: As I play and endorsee TAKAMINE acoustic guitars for almost 20 years now I know these guitars inside out.
So if your beloved guitar needs some fine adjustment and care go to Contact page and get in touch. Most of the work can be done while you wait or within an hour or so, except fret dressing, new nut/bridge making and wiring, that may require a bit longer to accomplish. EXCLUSION: do not do derelict state instruments though.
Sun Studio, set up by guitarist for guitarists, small but cosy and with great gear, analogue and digital, suitable for acoustic instruments, solo guitarist, duets or singer songwriter. I recorded all my acclaimed albums at this studio! If you're interested get in touch.